Next week is Teacher Appreciation Week, and Sunday, May 6th is sure to be your lucky day! I'm excited to announce the very first Teacher Appreciation Jackpot, an amazing "blog hop" event involving over 130 bloggers!
We wanted to show our appreciation for you in a BIG way, so we've all agreed to give away one of our TeachersPayTeachers products for free on that day! Each free gift will be valued at between $3 and $8, so the total jackpot amount is estimated to be over $500! We'll post the actual amount on Saturday, May 5th.
Because so many bloggers are participating, this event will be divided into three grade level groups. Each of those smaller events is being coordinated by one blogger as shown below:
- PK - Grade 2 - April McNair on A Modern Teacher
- Grades 3 - 6 - Laura Candler on Corkboard Connnections
- Grades 7 - 12 - Adrianne Meldrum on The Tutor House
Included in this packet is a variety of reading response projects for students to complete. All projects revolve around the skill of retelling. A rubric for students and teacher is included with each project. The first two projects are differentiated for difficulty or scaffolding. The projects include:
* A Retelling book- The first project is a book for students to complete that are beginning to learn the skill. Students also make a connection to the text on the last page.
*The second project is the same book retelling project as the first. However, it does not have any sentence starters/prompts or supports for the writing.
* The third project is a Flip Flap book based on the idea of Dinah Zike's graphic organizers/ manipulatives.
*The last project is a graphic organizer. This project has the story elements, an area for a picture and then a section for students to illustrate their favorite part.
Please note that although there are 26 pages to this packet, 2 pages are directions sheets and one is a cover sheet.
Please make sure to hop over and check out the other blogs!