Getting It Organized and Making It Pretty: Part 1



Ready for the first day of our Blog Hop?  Today's theme is

Supply Organization!

My goal this year is to keep a clean and organized room.  I am so lucky to have one of the largest classrooms I have been in to date and feel that it would be a waste to not keep it looking great!

First order of business: my cabinets.

I have always been kinda organized with my supply cabinets.  Most of my materials were already in boxes and had some kind of label on them.  Although there was a time my cabinet looked like this- Eeek!

I have gotten better since then and moved to some more uniform containers, but it still wasn't up to snuff.
donated most of my containers to other teachers and bought these AWESOME plastic show boxes from Costco.  They are nice and heavy duty.  I decided that uniform boxes and labels wasn't enough, I had to get even more persnickety.  I colored coded my labels and decided against clip art on the labels.  I wanted to labels to be clean and simple.


Blue polka dot labels- office supplies
Green polka dots- miscellaneous
Pink polka dots-  craft supplies
Purple polka dots- math supplies



Also included are chevron labels for paper stackers for different styles of student  handwriting paper..  



The second set of chevron labels are for teacher materials.  I am going to attach these to Sterilite drawers the size copy paper that hold my copies for upcoming weeks.




Ahhh....much better.  The labels just make me happy :).


Please note I would LOVE to customize the labels for you.  However, I go back to school Monday.  Monday!  My time will be very limited.  I will charge a small fee for any customizing of this freebie. I hate to say it, but I just have to make sure I use my time wisely :(. I want to work smarter and not harder this year.  Because apparently in years past, I wasn't too smart!


I would love for you to join the Blog Hop!  How do you organized supplies?  Please add the button at the top of your post and link up with a direct link to your post!   Make sure to come back tomorrow to read all about organizing your Teacher Resources!




Signature

7 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing! I am posting this to PINTERST now to remind me to print it out once I FINALLY get in my classroom!

    By the way, I have a 300 follower giveaway with lots of goodies! Come by and enter!
    Layla

    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Free? Oh bless your dear heart! :) These are beautiful labels, I love the organization.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and organized! I always feel so good after accomplishing things like that. :)

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all of the labels! I love organizing and I LOVE labels ~ I just find it difficult to maintain the organization. :)

    Leslie
    Fashionable in First

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for these labels. They are beautiful.It is so generous of you to offer them. They will really help me out.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top